Thursday 22 November 2018

Top Down

My daughter in law is now on nights, but my duties are still there to be done.  I still start at the same very early time, but once we are all settled into this, I ought to be able to leave earlier.  That will mean the world to me.  Instead of being gone for 13 hours a day,  I should be home by 3.  And that would be sitting in my chair knitting home.

Till then, there is knitting, though not nearly as much as the day before.  I jined below the underarms but just.  Two rows hardly counts.

I love the way this looks as fabric, though I am not so sure about the sleeves. Or the neck.  It may be that I have to start all over again.  I will try it on after I have a enough rows t make it sturdy t the underarms.

I may never knit another sweater from the bottom up and more and more, I doubt I will ever knit a sweater in pieces. Seriously think of it.  You knit the whole thing in parts, and you have to sew it up to even see if the thing comes close to what you want?  I don't think that is for me.  Or knit the whole bottom up to the underarms,which is an awful lot of time in my case, and then you need to adjust the top?

I've put in such a small bit of time, that even if I have to rip back to the start, it isn't a big deal.  Top down is far more intuitive if your body requires a lot of pattern adapting.  It works with the smallest amount of kitting time before you know if it will work.  

 I'm going to add that if you are hesitant, check out Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Top Down Sweaters   The book is in a class of it's own as away of getting you started.

And I didn't think I had anything to say today.

No comments: