Monday 26 November 2018

First Point

After a very crazy last week getting settled into a new routine, I am doing much better and feeling much more collected and contented.  And I am no longer checking the clock all night long in case my alarm clock doesn't go off.  I am actually sleeping!

And there is knitting. Lots of lovely knitting.  Some days there is more knitting than others, but in general, lots of knitting.

This week, photos!  

First things first.  I have been steadily working on my First Point of Libra shawl.  It is usually what I take with me when I go out to knit and chat.  It isn't difficult and this section only has one thing to do other than knit each stitch and that is an increase every second row.  For all its simplicity, it's a lot of fun.  Working this colour section makes the whole thing come alive.


 Isn't that just stunning?  There are 4 or 5 more rows of the rich amber colour remaining and then a section of red and then on to what I think is the final element, the outer border.  It actually may be two outer sections. I haven't read the instructions for that part yet but two would probably follow what the pattern already is doing in its very modular fashion. 

This was originally a mystery knit long and you can see that in the construction and knit order.  It has been a very interesting path to follow though, and I love the result. 

This shawl was one of the things I challenged myself to knit this year. Some of the other goals have not been met, or have been put aside for different projects, but I am so pleased that this one is one of the ones that is done.   I have thought so much about shawls this fall, about wearing them more, about storing them in a better place, about knitting more and I am really looking forward to having this striking piece wrapped around my shoulders keeping me cozy and warm.   

1 comment:

Christine said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL shawl.