Tuesday 20 November 2018

Another busy day

It was just Marcus and me today.  We had to get Cassie off to school but that was about it.  She is big now, and can walk herself with the boy from across the street.  No streets to cross.  Just park nd school playground. She feels very grown up doing it.  It was great.  

Their mom will be moving to night shifts, which work a bit better for me.  I ought to be able to leave a little earlier at the end of the day, though I still do have to get up and be on the road stupid early.  Their dad leaves for work at 6 and their mom wont get home till 8.  So grandma has to get up before 5 to be there on time.  It's been  a while since I had to do it for work rather than for pleasure.  The difference is that pleasure at 5 a.m. includes coffee.  Coffee doesn't arrive till much later the other way.

I did a lot of knitting today.  Marcus was very busy playing with his pups and he had a whole story he was playing that did not include me most of the time.  I knit an entire ball of yarn on the green grey sweater. One more ball and I will be just past the underarms.  I have plenty of markers and stuff like that to get past there if I can, but if it doesn't happen, no biggie. 

I am already dreaming of collars.  Possibly a cowl turtleneck sort of thing. I was going to just do a wide crew neck but I think wide is a little wider than I wanted. We shall see. Just like I thought, once it is knit into a fabric, I love the colour  It's fantastic!  

Photos tomorrow.  I was lazy today and now as things start early here, I am off to sleep.  


No comments: