Monday 19 November 2018

It's wonderfully freeing to be done with knitting for the kids.  In a lot of ways, my knitting is pretty selfish in truth.  I do it for me mostly, but a lot of that is because knitting is an exploration of the world for me.  

I grabbed some yarn and just began.  There really wasn't a plan.  I just needed to begin.  It was a driving urgency to just knit.  



And so, I did.

The yarn is an Elann special deal from a long time ago, Filati Fine.  It is a fine fingering weight blend of acrylic, wool and a little nylon, I think.  It's not a fancy sort  of yarn yet I do love it.  It is soft and strong and the prettiest teal.

The plan is to make a simple, basic sweater,  a cardigan and I mean to use some pretty square handmade buttons that I got in Vernon several years ago.  I have a lot of yarn so I think this sweater is going to be a little flared and a little lace under the arms.  

Mostly it is a plain fingering weight sweater.  With a bit of determination I will finish it faster than my last fingering weight sweater.
  

No comments: