Thursday 15 November 2018

Changes and Finishes.

Funny how one day you are sitting there glorying in your time and place even if your Chase sweater isn't going really well, and then you have no time and the Chase sweater is magically complete.  Go  figure.

My daughter in law got a temporary job with or at the county.  No idea how long it will go, but for a few weeks at least.  And with 12 hour shifts, it can be a really long day.  Grandma will be pinch hitting for mom till mom gets the night shift and then grandma services might be called on to fill spots here and there.  I should know more tomorrow.  Today and tomorrow are going to be long days.  It's nice though.  It is reading week for the kids so I get to spend lots of time with them.

But because Cassie and Marcus are growing like weeds, they don't need me to monitor their every move.  Grandma got in a lot of knitting time.  Well finishing time, really.

The Paw Patrol Chase sweater is done.  All that needed doing today was sewing the pocket on and two little buttons.

   
It's a simple badge for all that it caused me huge trouble (in my mind).  I had to let go of perfect and just go with what I got and I think it is just fine.  Marcus says he is never going to take it off, though he did take it off at lunch so he wouldn't get it all sticky from pancake syrup.  He loves it and that is all that counts.

He wondered if I could make him hair like Ryder. Or maybe a helmet like his Ryder toy. And so it goes.

I also took a photo of Cassie in her purple sweater.  


It's the smallest bit big for her, but honestly, I wanted it to be the kind of sweater she wore in place of a coat to school as much as anything.  Her mom said she wore it lots already and Cassie thanked me for the zipper.  She likes that it does up so easy.  

There was one more sweater in my bag,  pretty little purply things that was really more blue than purple.


I sorted out the edge problem, a wee blip where I joined the beginning and the end of the icord and then had her try it on.  I ended up knitting the sleeves about an inch and a half longer. My wee girlie has grown somewhat since August...eeeeeeep.

I ended up sewing the fronts together to make a faux cardigan pullover and she is very happy with that.  I just didn't feel it was right for a zipper and she didn't want buttons so this seemed a good option.  It needs a good wash to set it all and smooth it, but it is done and when I left, she was wearing it so she could show mom when mom got home from work. I even have a photo for my project page with her modeling it.  It's on my phone, which is dead and currently charging.  It will wait till tomorrow.  

Honestly, this cleans up the projects on my WIP list.  I only have 12 things now, ;)  but two of those twelve are a sock parade and a dishcloth parade.   I don't count those.  So ten projects that are in progress.  It feels like it is time to seriously think about something new but then, when did I ever not?

I have no idea what I will work on tomorrow.  Maybe the green sweater?  Maybe the First Point of Libra shawl?  I don't know.  I threw a sock in my bag and if I can't sort anything else out that will be good enough to be getting on with.   

What comes with tomorrow comes and it will all be good.

No comments: