Wednesday 14 November 2018

I've got trouble

wait don't run, 
this kind of trouble is lots of fun.



From that old TV ad for the Trouble game.  The other thing that comes to mind is Daphne Zuniga as

 
Princess Vespa from Spaceballs.  My mind is stuck at trouble.

I am not having a good time with the Chase sweater Pup Badge. Everything looks less than nice so far.  I have two more things to try and boy do I hope one of them works  and looks nice because this is putting  pall on all my knitting.

I did knit just past the underarm on my Green Jacket sweater and I have the sleeves picked up and am on my way down sleeve one. I knit a litte on some socks.  But that is sort of where it all stops and it kind of breaks my heart.  

I'm doing all kinds of knitting related activities.  I bought two patterns, one for a hat and one for a star, one of my things to try for the Chase sweater.   The hat is actually a book of hat patterns.  I waited for a long time for the pattern to be sold individually, but it seems it isn't going to happen. Plus I know what I am doing for the Myrtle sweater (the Kate Davies sweater from last week where I was debating single pattern or book) and will deal with that shortly.

I am going through my WIP bins, removing yarn I am not actively working with at the moment and putting them in my yarn cabinet, in an effort to be able to keep all the active knitting in said WIP bins.  

I am putting away needles.


Everytime I start or finish a project, or projects this seems to happen, the knotty mess of needles that need to be put back in their pouches, pile up as I try gauges and play with needles types and tips and lengths.  It only takes a minute to put them away.  The holdup is that it takes a flat surface with nothing else on it and that seems to be rare here. The top of the WIP bins usually works, but just like my long gone coffee table, there is always stuff on the tops of them. Todays flat empty surface is the loveseat.

Avoiding the issue is my superpower.

One way or another the Chase sweater has to move forward today.  If it waits much longer my sprouting little boy will have grown right out of the sweater, which would mean I have to start all over again.  

So, I am going to gird my loins, buck up my courage, put on my big girl panties, do some serious adulting and get a badge done for the Chase sweater and the little boy who is waiting.

    

1 comment:

Christine said...

Would doing the pup badge out of felt work? Just cut and glued (or sewn) felt? I have some scraps here I could contribute if you need.