Monday 15 October 2018

On the Way to Fiery Red

It was such a lovely weekend.  Our east of the city knitting group got together Saturday down at the coffee shop.  I had the lunch this time.  It was delicious.  Perogies very close to as good as my daughter in laws.  Very close.  And then I just knit.  And did stuff that I wanted to do. 

Getting together with other knitters was a good time to get out my shawl and work on it.  Garter stitch and socks are the very best knitting get together knitting ever.  

I've been picking away at the second section of the First Point of Libra Shawl slowly.  About two weeks ago, the rows started to feel short.  Since the rows started to feel shorter,  I've moved my right side marker after each time I worked on it.  I needed it to keep me going.  It is a lot of gray.  Without that, it felt like I was getting nowhere and that marker was proof that some days, I did a lot of work on the interminable middle.

I am thrilled to say I am out of the interminable middle!


Late Saturday, I picked up the stitches for section three and without blinking, knit four garter ridges in the lovely yellow from the Wildfire colourway of Sweet Georgia's Party of Five Tough love Sock gradient.   


You can see how the gradient flow in this section one picture.  Section three has you work along one long side of the down facing triangle starting with the first colour that you worked, giving you a nice uninterrupted colour flow, a very clever colour construction!  

You continue on, working the rest of the gradients in this section, slowly getting through the warm rich russet and that brilliant fiery red.

I'm about halfway through this project.  The first ball of the grey Semi Solid Hat trick yarn is almost used up and the gradients were about half used in section one.  It is starting to have the lovely draping weight that fingering weight shawls have when they are knit to the size this one will be when it is done.  

This pretty shawl was one of the things I marked as a project I wanted to complete this year on my personal Ravelry challenge.  I had ten projects, some WIPs, some new knitting that I wanted to see completed this year.  Six of the ten are done and this one is not too far behind  and will be completed easily.  I think.  Not that I want to jinx myself.   

Last week I struggled.  That is gone and I have a few tricks up my sleeve this week to make sure it stays gone. Right now, I feel as if all my cylinders are firing and I am ready to go where knitting takes me.  

But first laundry.  Sigh.  Because life.

No comments: