Wednesday 3 October 2018

Doll things

My Cassie is now six years old.  This is very big deal.  She is also in grade one and her teacher is Mrs. Secret.  Seacrest really but I think I will delight in the memory of Cassie telling me, Mrs. Secret.  Because.

Cassie is my only granddaughter and she is an absolutely princess like little girl, who loves superheros. She doesn't care if you don't think girls like superheros because she does. I am so glad that the world is moving to where she can be what she wants, like what she wants.  

She loves the Superhero girls dollhouse she got for Christmas and she plays with it when she plays in her room.  She has several super hero dolls, Batgirl, Wonderwoman, Supergirl and she knows all of the other Superhero girls and has coloured wonderful pictures of them for me.  

Superhero girls dolls have only one set of clothes, their superhero identity clothes.  Which is kind of dumb.  Even little girls who like superheros, like to dress dolls up and every superhero girl has a secret identity.  It is the perfect opportunity for clothes. So that is what I am doing today, making superhero girl doll clothes for their secret identity.

  
I did all of this, this morning before coffee.  I am going to sew a swirly skirt with some slinky knit fabric I have. A top of some kind will follow. And possibly a fancy dress for balls and stuff.  You never know where a superhero girl will be when she needs to go in pursuit of the bad guys.  

I have just a bit more than one day to do up these things before her party.  When these things are done, I have to get zippers in her sweaters and I have super hero girl panties to make.  Luckily all these things have lots of stop and go to them so there will be Paw Patrol sweater yarn dyeing going on too.  

No comments: