Tuesday 2 October 2018

All of the active knitting.

Even though I am waiting for more yarn till I can work on the Paw Patrol sweater, there is lots to keep me busy.

I pulled out the last remaining sock that I have been avoiding to have a look at what is what with it.


You can sort of see that the second sock is about half done the foot.  Just one more pattern repeat and the toe and it is complete.  I pulled it out to see if I could tell where in the pattern I left off and surprise! I can.  I count this a very lucky thing.

It is the Brussels Lace pattern from Around the World in Knitted Socks by Stephanie van der Linden.  I am ready to finish these up and get them on my toes.

There is also work happening on my next winter jacket sweater.  Last time you saw that, it was just getting to the start of the sleeves.  These are being knit as set in simultaneous using Barabra Walker's   Knitting from the Top.  Forgive the stains on the footstool. Summer is done and Marcus won't be needing cold treats so it is time to give them a wash.  


I'm about half way down to the armsyce and am just little bit concerned.  I just switched over to the second ball of yarn this morning and it feels like I didn't get nearly far enough from the first ball.  It is difficult to say though.  I have 9 skeins and it feels like it ought to be enough, but I worry.  I wanted a deep wide ribbed collar on this, or a hood, something I could flip to the back of my neck when it got really cold in winter for driving.    I am going to push hard to get this to the sleeves and then if I need to I can order more yarn.  The chance of it being the same dyelot, is small, but once the sleeves are done, I will know what I need. The ribbing of the sweater and the hood or high collar might be enough to hide differences in dye lots.  I work on this a few rows every day.  It is a big thick yarn and is pretty beefy, but the farther I get down the yoke, the easier the knitting becomes. I doubt that there will be a binge of working on it, but if there is steady progress, it will move along fast enough.

And then the PJ Masks scarf.  I am trying to get this one done quickly.  Carter did ask for it in August when he was telling me all the stuff he needed for school.  School is in and the cold weather seems to be here depressingly early.  I debated making it just Gekko green but his mom advised that he loves Catboy too, so this is what we are going with. Gekko green and Catboy blue.


I am using the LUV line of yarns from Walmart Canada for this.  Carter's mom is not a big fan of wool but is a big fan of easy care and this 100 percent acrylic is supremely soft.  I grabbed yarn by colour and it wasn't till I got home that I really looked at the labels.  The blue is from the Baby LUV line and the green is a little bit thicker, a good solid aran weight yarn.  I bought two balls of each though so I am doubling the blue and the weights seem to be matching up just fine.  I'm using some of my Susan Bates short straight needles to knit it, and I have to say, if I had a set of wooden needles in this size, I would switch in a heartbeat.  The yarn is a little slippery to be working it on aluminum needles.  Otherwise, I love this scarf.  Two row and ribbed makes for a perfect kids scarf.     

And that is an update on all of the active knitting forom this weekend.   

No comments: