Monday 1 October 2018

An Urgent Phone Call

Friday was a day filled with errands and house cleaning.  I had just returned from my weekly grocery adventure when my phone rang and on the other side was a tiny little voice who wasn't sure what to say. 

It was Marcus and he called because he said he missed me.  Awww, how sweet.  We had important things to talk about. He had to tell me about school and how he has  best friend there.  He told me that he was playing with all his new Paw Patrol birthday presents.  He said here grandma, I will show you and he brought his toy to the phone so I could see. His dad tried to explain that grandma couldn't see through the phone, but you know, grandma could, so I admired his new toy and all the toys it could carry.  Grandma's have super powers yanno.  

And then he asked what I was doing.  

I had started working on his brilliant blue Paw Patrol sweater. I told him about how pretty the blue was and how it did look just like Chase. It was very important that it was blue, Chase, blue, he said.  And he kept telling me, all blue and just blue.  Except for the pup badge.  He needed a pup badge. 

But the thing is he was really concerned that I make it just blue. So...

He came over for breakfast on Sunday morning,  and I asked him about pup colours on the sleeves  And he said no, just blue. 

I guess grandma will have to make more blue yarn.  I am probably going to have to restart his sweater so I can alternate colours in case they turn out very different.  But I have the supplies and I have the cream coloured yarn, so all I really need is a little time today to get it going.  Doable.

I spent so much time on all the other colours, and I hate to see them go to waste.  I guess grandma will have to make pup socks, or pup mittens with all the colours of the pups.  If there is enough blue yarn left over, they could be blue with stripes of all the other pups and the paw print in the badge.  Or a scarf.  

Without the Paw Patrol sweater to knit on, I got started on something Carter asked me for a while ago.  He wanted a scarf.  A PJ Masks scarf.  Which you will understand all about if you are a grandma to small boys and girls. 


No comments: