Monday 12 February 2018

Little Bites

After Saturday mornings double posting, I went off to shower sweet baby Jane Rose, and had a lovely time.  By the time I got home in the evening though, and after a week of spending a great deal of time sleeping and thinking I had staved it off, I had a full blown raging cold.  Napping was my fall back position and will be again today.

There has been some knitting happening.  The first sleeve on the grey sweater is well under way but it feels like that is all I have been talking about.  Time to show what else I have been working on.

In 2016, as my Christmas gift for myself, I gave me the gift of a very lovely  set of yarn from Sweet Georgia, one of the Tough Love Sock Party of Five sets in Wildfire.  


From the get go, I meant for this lovely set to be a First Point of Libra shawl from Laura Aylor.  And it is now well underway.


I am just starting the second to last yarn colour. and I love the way this pretty little 'scarf' is looking.  It is the first time I have knit with Sweet Georgia and I have to say, it is a winner.  The soft changes of colour intensity within a row is fascinating to see come alive on my needles. 

Laura designed this shawl for a mystery knit along, where clues are sent out weekly and you just knit, never quite knowing what you will get.  I don't generally do mystery projects.  I guess I like to know where I am going when I can, but I sure do love the result.  But I can see how the clues came out in the knit along by the way the shawl is knit and put together.  It's kind of interesting.  At no point knitting this will it feel like it will never end, as sometimes happens.  You are always working on just a small section and that is kind of cool.

It's a great reminder that taking any big job and taking smaller bites of it makes things move along much more smoothly. 
 


No comments: