Tuesday 3 October 2017

And there you go

I ought to have been doing a dozen things around the house, but oddly enough, housework never seems to vanish.  I felt completely justified knitting all day.

And I am done the hat.


I wish the internet had an app so you could feel this.  The yarns might not be the sort of thing that most people would put together, one being a slightly felted single and the other being a big lofty aran weight yarn, but it worked.  Really, really great.  That lofty pouffy white stuff, gives a kind of oomph to the crisp green.  Your fingers just sink into it.  It is just a dream to put on your head.


I used the same combination of yarns for the inside.  I was a bit concerned that my lone ball of white would run out before I was finished, so stripes are the order of the day and it was a good choice.  The white would have run out right about midway of the second green stripe.  There was plenty of the greens left after the outside was finished and never did get to the lovely turquoise sections.  Oh well.  

My wild guess for the difference in stitch count for the lining worked out just right.  I took 4 stitches off each earflap, to count for the join and to be sure that the flaps pulled in, rather than flipping out.  Then I took off 2 stitches on the back section between the flaps and two off the front section.  The lining fits perfectly inside.  It might have been the tiniest bit better if I had started decreasing 2 rows earlier, but as is, it is pretty darn good.

It is so nice that I kind of wish it was mine.  But it is promised to my neighbour in return for all the garden produce she has been sending our way.  I do hope she likes it.  It is really quite scrumptious. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is lovely. GD