Wednesday 9 October 2024

Getting Along

I think I have the problem of the cat resolved.  Maybe.  




 I restarted twice more and it is starting to look like what the designers pictures show. The shape is looking better.  Thankfully, the pattern has lots of pictures. I have decided not to worry about stitch counts but the smartest thing I did was to go my old fashioned way and join the rounds rather than going in a continuous spiral.  

When I was learning to crochet, I started with doilies. My maternal grandmother and my aunt had a whole bunch of Elizabeth Hiddleston doily pattern design books and I learned to crochet from them.  My mom or my aunt told me that you had to turn the piece around after a join and I have always done that.  It seems that many makers and pattern writers do not do this any longer.  It can lead to confusion but since that is my natural state, I have decided not to mind.  It is just better to sort it out in your head and move forward.  Understanding the difference is what matters.   

I knit on my version of the Third Coast sweater  in between cat crocheting.  That is coming along nicely too.




All in all, it was a very good day.  I am looking forward to today being another one.

No comments: