Tuesday 6 August 2024

Much to do, things to tidy, things to knit.

We are almost back to normal or whatever our normal is. Almost everything is in its new place in the kitchen and the living room things are out of my bedroom.  I may not have mentioned it but we ended up needing to do the hallway as well as the kitchen flooring.  The guys couldn't find any area where the old flooring did not separate from its base layer. Replacing the hallway could have been as far as we needed to go, but I felt it was a smarter choice to replace the floors in the living room as well. It looks nicer with one flooring in the main areas of the house. And so, I was buried in bookcases and other living room things in my room. My books and my cheap blue and white china collection still have to be put back into place but I can do that in my own time and after a good cleaning.

I did not do a lot of knitting over the long weekend. It was mostly filled with the work of setting things right again, but I did manage to face up to fixing the overly long upper yoke.

  
In the past, I would have cried uncle and put it to the side for weeks and months but I just couldn't settle.  I had to deal with it.  I really do want to wear this top. I snipped the yarn at the appropriate length and did a three needle bind off to join the shoulders again.

I started working on the sleeves and they are fine...


except that the gauge is very different than on the body.  I have to pull it all out and restart.  I might change to a tab type sleeve as well.  Maybe.  It is one of those things that I won't know which way I will go till I start knitting it.

But that is it for today.  Much to do, things to tidy, things to knit.  That is good enough for me.

No comments: