Wednesday 7 August 2024

Getting a Little Lost

At the end of yesterday, I realized that I had not knit a single stitch.  I did however, wash the shelves and start moving books back to the bookcases.  

The hard part of doing that is fighting the urge to sneak a peek in them and get lost in the pages.  I have these books because that is what happens when I read them.  The whole world melts into the far away and I become the story the pages contain.  It happens with novels, with histories, with cook books and it happens with embroidery books and with all my lovely knitting books.  

The other thing I realized was that the calendar is looking like mid August is not that far away and it is time to get with it on fall sweater knitting so that sweaters are ready when I need them.  The Anyday Sweatshirt and my lovely brilliant yellow Folklore Sweater are calling loudly.  My  Linger sweater is no longer sitting in the corner patiently waiting but is screaming that it needs to be knit on.  

Just two sleeves on my striped top to go and I can pay attention all the other things and get just a little lost in the joy of bringing a dream into real life.



No comments: