Tuesday 13 August 2024

Doldrums

As usual, finishing something puts me in the doldrums.  I couldn't seem to settle to any project.



I tried working on the Anyday Sweatshirt.  I tried the brilliant yellow Folklore.


I even pulled out Linger to see if that would be the one to excite me.  But nope.  None of them sparked my imagination.  They will, in time, but just not today. I thought about socks but I don't feel sockish.  

I was putting back some of the things that make my WIPs bin too full to close.



and realized I had the solution at hand.


Zoom Loom squares!  They work up fast and are endlessly interesting to make with sock yarns.  I did a calculation the other day of the size of blanket I want and I need about one hundred more squares.  It sounds daunting but these took no time at all and there are 80 of them already.  

The other thing I might work on is this.  


These are some sock yarn skeins from Custom Woollen Mills.  They are a wonderfully  soft yarn, like  velvet with a sturdy, implacable core.  It's great to work with.  This yarn is not a superwash, so it isn't going to be socks, but a nice simple shawl?  That feels just about right .  I could use some new winter warm shawls.

I wasn't planning on starting yet another project yet, but if it gets me out of the post project doldrums, that is just fine by me.  

No comments: