Monday 12 August 2024

Complete

The striped top gave me a few more problems before it was done.  Or ratherr I created a few more problems before it was done.

I knit a short ribbing around the neck to echo the cuffs and hem and cast off.  I felt great.


Till I tried it on.  I couldn't get it over my head.  I had bound off the edge a little too tightly. Back to the drawing board.   I redid it and all was well. 

 I am really happy with the way this turned out.  


I am in love the colour blocked stripes.  I love the choice of three row stripes.  I love the way the colours look together.  Even though it is not waves like my grandpa's blanket, the colour reminds me of grandma and grandpa and that makes me happy. Its a nice basic tee and I love it. I wore it yesterday with the green khaki skirt I made earlier this summer and it was perfect.

I  wish the neck was lower but it was what I knew would happen when I  made the arms too deep.  Still it is nice and fits really well.

It was a successful winging it.  :)

No comments: