Monday 8 April 2024

Wandering

I did cast on for a Musselburgh hat. The yarn was perilously close to jumping out of the stash bin during the big dig, so it obviously needed to be knit.


It is Merino 2/6 from Fleece Artist and is just really lovely in every way.  Lovely though it is, the skein is only 350 m and the pattern says I will need just a bit more at my gauge.  I am thinking of digging up some yarn to add some stripes because I really don't want a hat that is too short to fold up the brim properly.  That would irritate me to no end.

I didn't do a lot of knitting on Utiiek.  I have a problem and instead of dealing with it, I was hiding from it.

The addition of those three found skeins of green Lett Lopi has filled the project bag.  


I have been using these zipper top totes as sweater storage bags. They are not so pretty as some of the wonderful bags you can find online but they were cheap and sturdy and they were much faster to get than making bags from all my sewing fabric leftovers.  They work. 

They do not however hold a mostly complete sweater plus all the bits of wool that remain including those three found skeins. Yes.  I really was avoiding this sweater because of an overflowing bag.  Makes no sense to me either but there it is.   


I only realized what I was doing this morning. I put all the extra yarn in the plastic bag that held those three skeins in the stash.    

I think I was hung up on what I was going to do with the yarn leftovers.  There is no room in the leftovers bin and I really don't need more yarn for mitts and hats.  I think I was worried if there would be enough left for a simple easy vest. It seems I wanted a vest much more than I realized I did.  I can say confidently now that there is plenty of yarn for a vest.  Or an endless bevy of hats and mitts.  It makes no sense but there it is.  It is one of those silly reasons that projects end up in a virtual corner till I sort out what is going on.     

Enough wandering through my brain's empty spaces.  Suffice it to say, I knit.  And today I also laundry, which is not nearly as fun as knitting.   Utkiek and I are going to be best friends today. 

No comments: