Thursday 4 April 2024

The Big Dig holdover.

Digging in my yarn stash is always fun.  Occasionally it is illuminating and I learn something I did not know about it.

I have one full tub of leftovers and bits and ends.  (This is different from the bin of things that are left from projects but where there is enough remaining for hats or mitts or other small projects. A full bin of that too.)  I have combined the boxes of sock yarn bits with the bits of all sorts of yarns to make that big bin happen.
  

And there is room for more before I need to decide what to do with it.

My 2 boxes full of lace remains at two full boxes. Of all my yarns, that is the stuff that I could not put down and walk out of a store without. I love knitting lace patterns.  It is like knitting music but the amount laceweight yarn I have far outstrips my ability to want lacy things.  Maybe.  I simply adore it all.  

Some is about colour.


This is just a tiny, tiny sample of the many colours or laceweight yarns I have.  

  Some is about feel.


Silks and seasilk in all their glory.  There is also a good part of linen, wool and alpaca lace in the stash.  If I need to feel better about life, I just need to go in and touch the silks.  The blue and shiny grey is from Knit Picks, their Luminance Lace.  It is simply sublime.

Some are treasured gifts from another time.


 All my stash is in a way.  I had the freedom to buy the things that I was interested in, that excited me, that still excite me. That was the best gift of all.

There are so many fine things in my stash.  Even my sock yarns are a complete joy.  And that is where I am going to leave off today.  I want to pull out just a few yarns for upcoming socks.  What to pick?


Plenty to pick from!

Thinking of my wonderful stash kept my head busy all day hours after actually playing in it and more hours will be devoted to planning what to make with it.  Refreshed.  Energised.  Excited.  It's all held over in my brain.   

The rest of my day is going to be busy with appointments and other chores so only sock knitting today most likely, but that is a wonderful thing.  My headphones are charged, the knitting is planned and I am good to go. 

No comments: