Wednesday 17 April 2024

Linger not Lingering.

Socks done for the day.  It feels good to know that I am on track for my very generalized target.  My next up socks will not be simple plain socks, but they are not going to be my proposed Monkey socks either.  I am thinking of doing a pair of Broken Seed Stitch Socks .  I could use another pair.

As much as I am feeling spring, the weather sounds like winter. The wind howled like it wanted to be a blizzard, though it was not.  I picked up the Linger sweater yesterday.  Knitting it made me feel warmer.

Good news!  It is starting to feel like it is moving along briskly. It feels like a sweater.


It is a very simple knit and I am having a lot of fun with it even though the yarn combo I am using makes it heavy in my hands.  I have to knit only a few rows a day to take care of my hands but even so it is coming along.  

I am getting about four inches for each of the Galway Heather skeins.  


I should easily be able to get to the length I wanted.  

I am debating about knitting the sleeves at the end of this Galway skein because of this.


I have only four of the grey left and I have no idea how much each sleeve will use.  Half Fisherman's Rib, like its compatriot, brioche and patentsteek, takes more yarn than a plain rib.  I am allotting one full skein for each sleeve and I do hope that is enough.

I have tons of the blue teal.  I think I had twenty four balls of it and I have fifteen remaining.  Any ribbing I do, can easily be in the teal held double. No worry about running out of it.

The wind is howling again today and there was a skiff of snow over night.  I want to knit on Linger again but I am not sure my hands can take much.  Not sure I feel like the Noro and Silky Wool creation I am working on so I may knit on another little something today.  I do have choices.  Lots of choices in the WIPs bin.  I might surprise myself.

No comments: