Friday 8 March 2024

Wow Kroy. Why didn't you tell me.

A cheery picture of how I am dressed this morning.  


Plus I have the hat I just made on. ( I might need to become a hat knitter.  It is getting a lot of indoor wear.)  The sweater is a pullover using a melding of Undercurrent from Knitty.com and Romy from Ankestrick made with Fleece Artist Thicket.  It is one of the comfiest warmest things I have ever knit.  It does not match at all with the brilliant red dickie or the red and grey hat and I do not care one bit.  I am cozy and that is the point of the products of knitting.  To be warm. Mine at least.

I was sick of socks yesterday, so what could I do?  I started a new pair of course.

I am making this pair with a double strand of Patons Kroy, aiming for a pair of standard looking work socks.

 
How did I not know this magic?  Double stranded Kroy is the most delicious snuggly thing!  It's just amazing.  I will be using Kroy like this again. Just cushy.

Work socks is very much part of what drew me to make all the Sock Monkey Cabin Blankets.  I remember this kind of socks as what my dad wore in his work boots.  I can remember folding them and pairing them while helping mom to put laundry away. I remember the good wool kind and how the old kind of nylon (or possibly acrylics?) used to get hard with wear on the heels and toes.  

I know now that it was the colours that interested me.  I still find that the pairing of grey, red and white is one of my favourite things.  Every time I see that combination of colours, I get excited.  

This morning as I got ready to watch the F1 qualifying, my new sock looked like this. 


And now, just at the end of qualifying, an hour later, I am starting the heel flap. 


Socks knit with double stranded Kroy go fast.  Yet another reason to like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a satisfying and comfy morning wrapped in your own knits. I can't imagine a more comforting feeling than the warmth of your own handmade knitting.
F.