Monday 4 March 2024

What happens while using Lett Lopi stash

I finished the green section and I am so pleased with how it looks.  The body section used less than I thought it might and this is what is remains of the green Lett Lopi stash. Maybe enough?


Next Colour?


I think I will do the same as I did on top:  lighter colour first.  The sweater has a slight A line shape so I will need a bit more yarn at the bottom.

I have only two skeins of the cream which may be a bit short. I am going to try to see if I can extend it.


The slightly darker skein is the leftovers from the top section.  I am going to knit a row every so often in that colour to extend the cream.  Will it work?  Who knows.

It is also time to pick a new stitch pattern.  I spent a couple of hours searching and thinking about it. I really need to use less yarn and I want to blend the little darker yarn in seamlessly as possible. I ended up picking a little block pattern and I think it is working. 


Sleeve one done. I am knitting the first round with the darker yarn and that seems to be working marvelously.  I was worried it would look striped and it doesn't.  It is visible but it blends in well.  Mission accomplished.  Sleeve two today.

"The whole secret of life is to be interested in one thing profoundly and in a thousand things well. " Horace Walpole

One of my sons said " You have too many Youtube subscriptions" the other day.  And he is right.  I do.  I wish there was a way to organize them.  I have subscriptions about history, art, knitting, fibre art,  miniatures, remodeling, F1 (naturally), natural sciences, cooking, cooking history, mudlarking and quite a few more.  There is so much out there.

I have been watching a lot of art documentaries lately.  I have always been interested in art and art history.  It is just part and parcel of my love for history and who we were then.  This led me to some really interesting stuff. 

 This weekend I watched a doc called Brushstroke.  It is a second documentary on British artist, Mary Cane-Honeysett, who loved bricks.  Last weekend, I happened on her son's Emmy winning documentary about her, Royal Academy .  It was watching that which led me to Brushtroke.  .  The art world would call her style naive, but if that is so, it is the kind of art that touches me, that touches something deep in ordinary people with routine lives and says so much of the human condition.  It may not be the the taste of the so called great artists of our day, but it is to me.  I really enjoyed both docs and have to say, I have fallen in love with her work and with her.  What an interesting person.

I also watched a couple docs from Andrew Milson channel, a permaculture teacher.  Everything there is fascinating and I highly recommend.  And if you have never watched her, Q's Greenland.  Entirely fascinating and illuminating, one minute at a time.

And then I found the ARTE.tv documentary channel.  So many good things. This is a German French broadcast channel but all the docs I have watched so far are well captioned.  I highly recommend Pullover Island.  Trust me.  You will enjoy it.


 

No comments: