Wednesday 21 February 2024

My Kind of Magic

Yup.  It is going to be a struggle.  I have had to tell myself a few times that it is Wednesday and not Tuesday.  Good thing it is a short week, work week, that is, even though I am retired.  

With the decision made to sell my spinning wheels, I am busy gathering all the spinning stuff together.  The first thing I did, was to pull books off my shelves.  If I clear out the spinning books, I can open up some shelf space.  

Yesterday I reoganized my knitting and other crafting books.  


I still have a little ways to go, but that is more related to the other parts of my personal library and its shelf space than a desire to keep or cull.  I am not planning a big cull of books there.

Next up, will be clearing off bobbins and getting them ready for sale and after that, getting the fibre that I have organized.  Once those things are done, I ought to be able to significantly change my general storage around.  I will have one entire bookcase free as well as most of a closet. It is going to take a good bit of thinking to sort out what those 'found' spaces should hold.  

I don't know about anyone else but if I want to really think deeply about something, I knit. I empty my mind and just focus on small movements of hand and needle and string and things sort themselves out in my head. It really is magic and that is more than enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Magic for sure. It is always interesting and at times a difficult experience to land a decision to make changes in our world of craft and home. Space is always at a premium and there are also changes within us that dictate when or if it's the right time. When you land a decision it sure does help ease the mind though. Free's up ideas and energy to create. I smiled when I read that knitting helps you with decision making. It does with me too. I'm glad I have it back in my life more regularly again. I am now trying to get to know where all of my stuff is once again. How can we forget where we put things that we love using?