Tuesday 20 February 2024

A Monday Tuesday

I  seem to have taken a bit of a vacation.  That is good actually.  I think I needed it. I woke this morning after a good long sleep and though it feels like a Monday, it is not.  It is Tuesday and I can already tell it is going to be a challenge to keep that in my head this week.  

I finished up the first pair of Big Fabel socks on Friday.  


I wore them on Saturday.  What a great pair of socks.  If you have never knit socks, consider it.  Wearing them is such a pleasure. Cozy, warm and comfy.

I set puzzles on Saturday, a puzzle for yarny folk this time.  The bright colours are kind of fun. The edge is done and I have a couple easy sections well under way.  

The rest of the weekend, I knit on the Utkiek.    


I was struggling with the slip stitch pattern for this section again, and went through all my stitch dictionaries to find one I liked better.  I did and seemed to be doing ok till I realized I was doing it backwards, a fault of my not understanding Japanese.  Still what I ended up with will do and it will have to.  The yarn could not be knit again.  I redid it four times, and the yarn was just not capable of more. It wouldn't take the stress of ripping back another time.

I am just past separating for the arms.  Today I plan to knit the sleeves.  I think it will be easier to sort out just how wide the stripes can be from my original two skeins.  Part of this sweaters charm is matching width stripes on body and arms and I mean to make that happen.   

I am off to knit.  I intend to keep on knitting the Utkiek again today, though the Linger sweater is calling my name loudly.  Linger is still on the body but with Utkiek, there will shortly be the thrill of adding in a new colour.  We shall see where my fingers take me. 

No comments: