Tuesday 10 October 2023

Here we go.

When you fall in love with a certain knitting stitch...


I am really enjoying this stitch.  Really really enjoying it.  

You can see which way my waffling went.  I decided on the marl because I just don't  want the stress of running out of yarn.  According to all my reading on the internet, brioche and knit one below/ patent stitch/ fisherman's knit  use about 30% more yarn than regular knitting.  I have no idea if those numbers will be right for my own knitting and I just didn't  want that worry.  I also decided that I did not want to have a different colour rib on this sweater either.   And here we are, marled stitches.  

And I love it.

It took me a while to get going.  I must have casted on and knit a few rows a dozen times, but eventually, I caught all the little things I missed.  

And then I had a visit from a newly wheeled friend, so though I didn't knit as much as I planned, I had a great day.

No comments: