Monday 9 October 2023

Happy Thanksgiving

It has been a good weekend so far.  It was quiet but for the Cassie and Marcus spending the afternoon with me while their dad and Uncle Keith were doing stuff.  It was nice to just sit and talk with them.  

There was lots of time for F1 racing, a sprint race weekend so just a wee bit more pep than usual.  I would hate to see all the races go to the sprint format, but I do enjoy them occasionally.  There was lots of time to knit too.  

I worked on Carter's blanket. 


We are getting there and have a wee bit of a feel for the finished article.  I like it.  All together in one mass, it is going to look great.  

Then I spent quite a while on the Pesto sweater too.  My gosh I love this and I can't wait to wear it.  I have to keep reminding myself that only the body will be done when this border is complete and that I still have sleeves to do.  I confess, the border feels a bit endless, though it is really fun to knit.  No long rows.  Not counting stitches.  Always something to do in short bursts, then turn the work and so it goes.  There is a row for each body stitch so it really does feels like forever knitting.


I stop to admire it every so often.  It's pleasing even from the inside and even better from the out side.


It only feels long.  I know that an hour makes huge progress.  No, I am not using place keepers.  It seems I prefer to suffer through the feeling of never getting anywhere just to experience the joy of suddenly reaching the end. Or translated, I forgot to put one on.

I popped in a wee bit of sock knitting too, in spare corners of the day and put in a wee bit of time on the Utkiek sweater. 

It was just a crazy good kind of couple of days.  Today is Thanksgiving Day and I am going to think fondly of our family's traditional meal of burgers on Thanksgiving day after Brian spent the whole day out in the bush foraging for our winter meals. I miss huge parts of those days gone by, but I am so very  thankful for all the things that I do have in my world, like grandkids and sons and daughters in laws  and friends.    
 

No comments: