Monday 14 August 2023

All this energy

Well, spotty was the wrong word for my posting last week.  Nonexistent would have been the right word.  

The sum of my handwork  was one pin loom dishcloth for the whole week. I sent it home with Carter for his mom.   I need a few more for here and then I will make a batch for each of my other family households.  I know they like them.

I had a wonderful time with the kids.  We didn't go anywhere much, we did nothing that cost money, but the boys found puddles to play in and made videos and generally just ran around.  They tried to stay up all night but this time, grandma caught them.  

For grandma it was a bit of a revelation.  While they were here, I baked.  That never happened in any meaningful way before.  I cleaned.  I even scrubbed the floors.  Each time the kids have been before, even earlier this summer, I have needed a few days just to catch up my rest.  They would leave and I would be exhausted.  This time, other than missing their busy selves, and their goofiness, I feel really energetic and strong.  For the first time in forever, I tidied the spare room aka my sewing room right after the kids left.  It is tidier now then before they came.    I find myself wondering who this person is.  

This morning, I am ready to get going on a new pattern from Muna and Broad, the Pyrmont Skirt.  I debated about buying this one, but only because a skirt is pretty simple, but I wanted to see if my way of thinking of side pockets and pleats would work for the skirts I want.  It is just easier to have it all drafted out for me.  I am really pleased to know that I won't have to sort out the pleat part myself.   

Laundry will be my morning, with cutting out fabric filling in the gaps.  It is one of those negative (cutting out) and positive (filling in time between laundry loads) things that I love about life. This afternoon I am saving for knitting.  I am really looking forward to that.  I am going to work on projects for me because blanket yarn buying for Carter and Marcus and Cassie is going to have to wait till next month.  

No comments: