Tuesday 27 June 2023

Sigh

I spent my whole day knitting today.  It was great and I was getting very close to the end of the second sleeve till I noticed this.   

One sleeve with decreases neatly marked and a second sleeve almost done with nary a decrease done at all.  Sigh.  

I pulled back several colour sections, but not all to the beginning of the decreases.  If I increase just a wee bit more often, ie, every section not just alternating four row sections, I will catch up and no one will be the wiser.


It won't take long at all till I am back in the groove and the sleeve will be done.  Then it is only the neck and button bands that need knitting and the sweater will be mine.

 The really great thing?  I gave it a quick try on before I picked up stitches for the second sleeve and it looks really good.  I think this could be one for the ages.

Tomorrow is also going to have some sewing.  There is a piece of fabric, a lovely apple/acid sort of green and a matching floral piece that is another of the colours that I would love to wear. The delay sewing this has been will the plain green be a jumper, a dress or pants?  I bought it for pants, but then I thought my pinafore would be the thing and then I thought a dress, but with the linen that is on the way, I think I have enough dresses.  I finally made a decision today.  

It will be none of the above.  A skirt.  It will be a skirt.  Maybe.  I am a bit wibbly on decisions.

No comments: