Tuesday 16 May 2023

A mixed bag of things.

It has been a busy couple of days.  There was a ton of household chores and the occasional pop away from that to some really fun little things. 


 I managed to finish the wee 'pantry' items for my miniature house kitchen.  There is a huge '50 pound' bag of flour as well as a partial bag and a bag of oatmeal too.  I debated messing about with flour company logos, but decided just simple lettering was best.  Possibly the logos will show up at a later date, but this is good for today.

Then it was time to address the quilt top. I wanted to do some small something, a vine or an embroidered flower, but just a little something to take away the very plain whiteness of the white strips.   

 I ended up doing a small cross stitch at roughly even spaces across the surfaces and I am pleased with it as is.  

I was working at the quilting of the top layers and this happened.


I snapped the tip off.  That has not happened before in all my many years of embroidered things.  I think it is because of the layers of fabric.  There is a top, two layers of cotton fabric for batting and then a plain white fabric backing.  I think the layers are doing the job and it is beginning to look very quilt like.   


 I am finding it a bit stressful on my hands from the death grip I seem to be working with so I am not finishing it nearly as fast as I thought.  Still it looks just as I was hoping for.

But the knitting.  Ah the knitting.  There is just nothing that is not utterly perfect about the knitting.


I am getting a good amount done and I am really happy with the way it is coming together.  While this is a really nice thing, the best part of it is that it is just knitting.  It is hard to express just how good it feels to be knitting again.  I am still taking care but each day I do it a bit longer and watch carefully for any signs of stress on them.  I never work longer than fifteen minutes without a break to stretch and relax for a bit and it just feels good for my hands and for my spirit.


No comments: