Monday 20 February 2023

All the things

I did so many things this weekend.  All of them were done to avoid thinking about knitting and how much I am missing it.

I finished pulling out this sweater.  


It's a fair bit of yarn.


It was a sort of pretty thing.  I liked both of the stitches, but I did not like the way it was constructed.  I am thinking about reknitting the yarn to be something like it, but knit in a much more sensible way.


I set an entire puzzle in about 10 hours.  Every time I pull out a puzzle, Keith ends up spending a great deal of time setting it too.  It was an easy puzzle though.  I hope the next one takes a bit more effort.

And then, I did a bunch of small squares.  Since I wasn't going to do the larger pin loom till, my hand is healed and till the apron was done, I just worked on these.  


They are hypnotic and it is interesting how the different yarns work out.  I did a further four since this photo was taken.  One episode of Vera.  

And then, I mucked about with patterns.  I was checking to see dimensions of my new pinafore pattern against a pattern I have sewn and that fits me very well.  I was also debating about what piece of fabric to use a test pinafore.  I have a couple in mind that might work well.  I really want to make this pattern for the green fabric and I would hate to ruin it, so slow and steady is going to be the way.  

No matter what else I do though, I miss my knitting.  I am really glad that I have a stash to play in and lots of things to take out and fondle and think about.  I can't wait till the world rights itself and I can knit again.

No comments: