Saturday 31 December 2022

And here it is.  Time for a round up of everything that has gone before.  

And then reading back I ask myself why.  

I did have one really great knit in January.  I wear it all the time.  It is one of the nicest things I have knit.


It seems I never did take a completed photo.  Best knit of the year by far.

I could go through all of the year but honestly, it was just so awful.  The sewing was great, some of the knitting was okay and spending time with Luda has been wonderful, but the vast majority is not time I want to do again.  Ever.  My heart breaks knowing that my grandchildren understand war and what it does.  They are happy little people because Grandma Luda is here and safe and they feel safe here, but they know it.  That is just something that was not in my bailiwick and something I was not prepared for.  The health stuff is something I am glad to understand but hope to never have to face that again.  Losing dad and the other losses that happened to people I care about have been hard, but there it is.  I have kind of had enough of this stuff.

The best thing by far is wee Everett. He is a such a sweet wee boy and I am going to call him blessed simply because his being born made the whole year better.  He is redemption and for now, that is enough.


Perhaps this New Year will be redemption too.

I can only live today, right now this moment in time, and I am going to take the few good things in the year, having kids visit, the good knitting, the sewing, the waking up feeling wide awake, the friendships old and new and I am just going to be content that I have such a good life.


No comments: