Tuesday 29 November 2022

On Volcanos

Just one thing remains.  I have only to make a ghost like outline of that far away volcano and it is done.  I may have to do a little bit of something on the ash coming out of the volcano.  The stitches are long and straight and in service as a pillow cover, those long stitches will catch and eventually tear.  He is only 8 after all.  My goodness time flies.  Once the top is done, I have to pull out the stuffing and make a pillow to fit and then sew this top to some very smooth soft backing fabric I have in the fabric piles.



This means I get to start Carter's volcano picture and I am really looking forward to it.  They interpreted volcanoes very differently, according to their personalities I think.  As a subject for a grandmother's needlework, they are even more interesting.   

I did manage some knitting too.  The green Elton, my preferred sweater choice for weekends, is looking positively long.  Not finished long but it is getting to where it would look excellent as a cropped garment.  On someone else.  I have lots of yarn and I mean to make it a sweater that works for me, which means long enough to give my lower back some warmth.  

Weekdays are for knitting the Blue Elton.  The two sweaters were about the same length so if I can manage to get in a good sit of knitting time on it this week, I will feel very happy.  I almost would make it my goal to finish the body, but I am not sure I am quite up to that. You know how it is with me and goals.  If I say it, it becomes the last thing I want to work on and these sweaters, I really do want to get both done asap.  I want it to be the first thing I want to work on so mum is the word.  

It is chilly outside, -16C with a gusty bitter sort of wind.  Full winter in so many ways.  I am here snuggled inside warmth and comfort and coziness, and not for a moment do I forget how very privileged I am. Not for a moment.  

No comments: