Thursday 17 November 2022

My dad



My dad passed away yesterday at the grand age of 93.  

There is so much I want to say about him and yet words fail me.  He was such fun.  He was kind.  He was a tinkerer and inventor of solutions to whatever little thing stood in his way.  He built a house.  He made a home. He loved us most of all and made sure we knew that.  I am going to miss his laughter and his care and his being in this world.  He had a long life and his passing was peaceful and quiet and really, that is all any of us can ask for, isn't it.


 My dad at his 90th birthday.  Photo by Olga Renneberg

I am going to miss you so very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

❤️. GY

Christine said...

I have been missing in action, my friend. Ironically because this November I was working on my own grief, taking an excellent group counselling session for widows in the city, and spending time with my loss. And now I have resurfaced and I see that SO much has happened in your life. I am very sorry to hear about your dad, and your own illness on top of it, during your and Brian's anniversary season too. Jeepers could any more be put on your plate at once??? I am happy, though, to see that you are STILL KNITTING, oh my gosh, Denise, you are a MACHINE. Through thick and thin, you knit. You are an inspiration, and I miss hanging out with you! Will be contacting you shortly...