Tuesday 18 October 2022

Cutting!!!!

Yesterday's chores involved taking a scissors to the knitting and cutting.  Harsh, but necessary to make this a really wearable sweater for me.  


It's my version of Threipmuir and no matter how much I loved it, I wasn't wearing it and you can see on this photo why.  It bunched up at my neck and no amount of blocking kept it out,.  It is probably knit a little to tightly at the start leaving me feeling choked.  It is a bit short, I think too, though honestly, I am not sure I wore it long enough to really know for sure.  Still more length wouldn't hurt and I do have the yarn.


The firs brave snips took a whole section right off.  


After that it was a matter of getting one leg of each good stitch on the needle and pulling off the excess partial rows above.  

The yarn here is Briggs and Little Sport, on of the best stickiest yarns on the planet.  It wasn't going anywhere...not even when I wanted it to.  There were bits and pieces of the cut row to pull out and two rows of knitting to get me right where I wanted to be to start knitting a new neck ribbing.  It took all afternoon.


In the end, the job is done and I am kind of looking forward to making this one be even better than the first go round.


My next up trick is going to be getting the ghost costume started.  Yup.  A ghost factory is what we are.

No comments: