Thursday 15 September 2022

When you don't get it right

As you can tell, writing in the evening is not working very well.  I didn't even think of it at all, which is not what I wanted to happen at all.  So mornings it shall be.  I shall attempt to not jabber quite so much.**

 

I have been working on the green sweater most of the time, but I keep coming back to this one.  It needs the neckline fixed.  I just can't get used to the close fit.  It always feels like it is pulling up.  So...




The plan is to snip away along the marker line and knit short little ribbing to match the sleeves and the bottom of the sweater.  


Once the   neckline repair is completed, I will rip off the bottom ribbing at the bottom, and I am going to knit till the original balls of yarn are gone. 

Don't get me wrong.  I love how this sweater looks with its cropped length.  I even love how it looks on me.  It is really cute with wide legged pants like my Glebe Pants from Muna and Broad.  It would look really sweet, dressy even with a pair like the Winslow Culottes  from Helen's Closet.  

But a sweater that only looks great without keeping ones forever chilly feeling lower back covered, well, that is just sad in a handknit. It is a lot of stitches around the bottom of it.  I didn't write down the needle size but the gauge is 24 stitches, pretty standard for a sport weight.  I think the needles size I used would have been 3.5 mm.  I did debate about making it longer.  The notes on the project page and probably on blog too, will tell me that I was just bored with the bottom of it.

I'm just prying I have more gumption this time.

No comments: