Wednesday 7 September 2022

A Little Knitting

I did not do a whole lot today. I wanted to go have another bit of a dig in my stash, but Keith was working from home today.  It was unexpected so I had to find something else to do.  

So I knit.  I hoped to knit inches and inches, but the change in weather has hit my poor knuckles hard and my hands just are not able to knit the whole day away.  I got away from wearing my wrist warmers overnight in the heat of the summer, but the last few nights, I have been wearing them and keep dreaming that they had fingers.  My hands feel so much better when they are surrounded by warmth.

So I did some knitting today, and that will be what it is.  About an inch and a half I think.  You can see my marker to keep track of my pace just below the tips of the needles.  


I had hoped to get to skein two today but, tomorrow will have to do.  Not a huge amount left but at least three rows, maybe four.  

I was wanting to dig in my stash because I was thinking of silk.  I have several cones of pure silk, one in a really gorgeous cream colour and the other a brilliant red.  They are both the raw looking nubby silk that I prefer.  I saw a pattern that I think would look really good in the silk.  It was just a simple top down, with rows of eyelets every ten or twelve rows.  It was the kind of thing that really would let a nubby silk look its best.  

Somewhere deep in there is a flax and silk blend in cream as well.  I saw it last time I did a deep dig and for the life of me I can't remember why I didn't keep it out.  I think I want a simple over top made out of that.  Something a bit like the Box Tops I have sewn from Munda and Broad or the Blanche I made couple winters ago.  

I am not sure why I am thinking of summer tops or tops that would be for under sweaters in winter.  I am cold.  It's chilly out and I am so looking forward to wearing all my winter sweaters again.  I love my sweaters.  Maybe that now that sweater weather has arrived, I don't want to face it?  Buck up old thing.  

Well, if I am dreaming of silk, it's okay.  Silk is one of the warmest fibres there is, or so they say.  I can take it.  Besides, realistically, it is going to take till at least Christmas till there is room for silk in the WIP bin.  

I need speedy warm sweaters.  I need some socks.  Those have to come first.

No comments: