Wednesday 6 July 2022

Time's a Wastin'

This is the perfect progression through the days, from coffee to water to wine.


It really was that kind of day too.  I tried spinning during my zoom knitting but just did not have the space to get the computer close enough to hear and visit with people and to have the wheel close enough.  I picked up my version of Joji Locatelli's Three Color Cashmere Cowl I really enjoyed knitting this and this lovely yarn gifted by a friend from a while ago is really perfect for this cowl.


I did truncate the striped section and I skipped the last lace section completely because my plan is to wear this in the house in winter on the days when my upper back feels a chill aka all the time.  There is a point where it ends up too long and as is I got very close.  But it is a lovely thing and I will wear it a lot.

I did spin in the evening, not tons, but I did reach my target half hour.  I think I am more pushing for the time spent spinning than getting huge amounts done.  I don't think I will ever be a fast spinner.  I am not a fast knitter either but I think my goal, the real one, is to simply make a habit and a dent in the vast amount of fibre I have sitting in the closet.


I was a little concerned about how thick it was most of the evening so I pulled out my control sample and checkd.


Not that the control sample is perfect but it is realistic.  If I can keep the spinning so the plied yarn will be somewhere on the sample, I can work with it in a knitted garment. Yesterdays work was nicely in the middle for the most part so all is going pretty well, I'd say.

Still time is awasting today and it will be another full and busy day for me.

No comments: