Tuesday 12 July 2022

That Middle Thing

I am in the middle of everything. That long middle that always brings to mind the Piggy in the Puddle story that my kids loved when they were small.




The first picture is true to colour.  I adore the way it looks and as you can see, it is looking more and more sweater like.  Photo two shows that I am about four inches from the underarm.  You cannot get more middle than that.

The green Elton sweater is a bit longer than this one but is very very middle.

In the middle, I dream.  In the middle I think of my stash and what I have on hand and the next thing I want to do.  There are times when a long middle is good because I can pull out ideas from years ago and shake the dream out and see how I feel about it still.  Or even better, does a particular yarn need a new dream?

I have been labeling the bags in my WIP bin.  They are mostly a plain cotton bag now and I like them, but it means each must be opened when you are trying to find something.  I came across yarn that I obviously meant to start working with and that I had forgotten was pulled out to the WIP bin.



These blue green skeins of bulky Diamond Luxury something or other are going to get used with Some Apple Green Debbie Bliss Bulky 


It will probably be another Leisl.  I love knitting the pattern.  I know how much yarn it needs and I know how I can work the second colour in without any problem.  Plus, in this yarn, the lovely lacy Leisl is one of my favourite things.  I have a blue one that gets ridiculously heavy wear.
 
But I also found this.  It is a wonderful Angora from Elsebeth Lavold.  I have just a thousand metres of the deep warm rust and a tiny bit under five hundred metres of the mohair.  



I have always dreamed this would be a short sleeved sweater with a deep deep v neck and a wide flounce of mohair collar.  I think the only reason I haven't knit it yet is that I worry that I don't have enough of the Angora.  Now isn't that the silliest thing of all.  

Days to dream of glorious things.  My favourite thing of all.

No comments: