Tuesday 19 July 2022

Found Goods

After having nothing much to say when i posted yesterday, today, I have stuff and more stuff and things I had forgotten about and more stuff.

I had the tall guy take some stuff down for me.  I can no longer easily reach the top shelves, and I was going through all the things on lower shelves to see what could be merged or packed better so that everything could be in reach again.  the lower shelves were revealing.

Turns out I had a bit more fibre on hand than I thought.


I found these two very floofy airy unbraids (not braided but about the same amount of fibre) Having seen them, I even recall purchasing them from Jo's Yarn Garden back when I lived in Spruce Grove.  Wonderfully airy blobs of blue green gray.  I can't wait to spin them.


I also found this more firmly colored batch of fibre, in brilliant greens with punches of clear deep blue.  I have no idea when this was bought but I suspect it was along with the fibre just above.


And then a batch of much softer greens from West Coast Wools.  I think the blue braids above are also from them, because this is packed in the same airy manner.  These are all lovely things to be sure.  


And this.  Be still my beating heart, this still is an utter delight. 


 It was a little freebie from Fellview Fibres, who no longer is on selling etsy but is easy enough to find on her own website (the link is on their name).  She does such lovely work.

I also came across a bunch of things that need plying.


This was some from denim blue braids from Colour Adventures Falkland Wool Tops.  Just needs plying to be a finished project. 


A bobbin of red again a Colour Adventure fibre, Polworth according to Ravelry.  I had a feeling there ought to be more of this.


This bit of warmth is labeled unknown Top and so it remains, pretty but unknown.


This is from a bag of Northern Lights from back in the day when Louet sold fibre on their website.  I miss those days.

And then in a bag that I thought only held my most beginner spinning, I found some really great stuff.  


The oldest perfectly decent shetland.  Some of this really ought to be plied.


This one breaks my heart.  A friend brought this back from Halifax for me.  It was back when life was so uncertain and so torn and mangled that most days my head was not really all there.   There ought to be a second wind off of this, but I have never been able to find it after the very first of my moves.  And that breaks my heart.  I think I know what I am going to do to give myself the meterage I was hoping for.  More on that another time.


And then this bit of green which belongs with this bit of green


And with another bit of unrecoverable bit of singles that ate itself up while playing.  It is so beastly overspun and before I do anything more, that overspin has to be corrected.

 And then random redness of delight.  I found the other spool of red that goes along with the red above, as well as a peachy red silk and wool and another wool and silk.  



And a couple more random bobbins of various fibres, most likely shetland.  One is spun quite thin so it may be that I was pushing for a sock yarn?  I really do not know.

And that is what was just hanging out on my shelves. 

It has been fun finding these treasures again.  It inspires me to get these plyed and turned into yarn.  It might not be the most perfect yarn ever but these will all be decent useable things.  

No comments: