Monday 18 July 2022

After a weekend.

Why is Monday so full of ...Mondayness?  I'm retired and I guess I assumed that "Monday' wouldn't carry over.  It does, but then so does the weekend.  If you are retired, you can do all the things on any day so why the idea of weekends still remains so important in ones mind could be a bit mystifying, but for one thing.  Everybody needs something to look forward to, which explains weekends, and sadly, after something to look forward to, there is always a bit of a harrumph, it is over, which explains Mondays.  

It was a pretty good weekend though I currently have no pictures of it all.  I did some spinning on the s51 and it seems to be set up just right.  I am really just readying it for plying.  Today, though, I will be going back to the Vic and spinning with her to get the rest of this bag spun up and to get everything ready for the finish of the Tour de Fleece.  That is apparently only six days away so I must get moving along. Even if I did not spin a single foot more, I win my goal because there is a definite dent in this mass of Shetland fibre, but I will be a more content person if I get this plyed as well.

I am not particularly happy with the quality of my spinning overall.  It is so uneven.  I wish I were one of those smooth very fine spinners, though that doesn't seem to be me.  (At least not yet.  Maybe if I pull out the lace flyer and bobbins?)  My secondary goal for this particular batch of fibre was to hope for a DK weight end which could be turned into a sweater.  It is a lot to hope for from my spinning, but if it won't be a sweater, maybe I can get a couple hats. 

I don't know.  I don't have much to say.  Maybe later in the day after my chores are done.  It's floors day, which means everything will be swept up and the bucket and mop comes out so that everything can get a good scrub.  When that is done, I can tend to the much more fun things.  


No comments: