Friday 17 June 2022

Where to Begin?

I did not knit yesterday at all.  Or did I?  I hardly recall.  All I know is that the afternoon was a nap.  From about 2 till just before 5, I slept.  It was a warm cozy nap rather than a deep sleep but it was better than average.  It often turns out that way when I throw out this


So it covers from nose to toes.  It may be light in weight, airy almost, but it is so warm.  It really is the perfect thing for summer, all warmth and no weight.  Whatever it is, I sleep cozy under it.  Sadly though, I am still not feeling very well.  I am supposed to go to play with Marcus today but I really am not sure if I am up to it.   A sleep would be better for my general health but what would be better for Marcus general health??

I am looking hard at how I should start the not round yoke version of my Sundog sweater.  I have taken it completely apart and I really want to start it again.  I love working with the yarn and I can't wait to wear it.

The issue is how to do the neckline.  The original Sundogs has a lovely open neckline but even when I was going to knit to the pattern, I had plans to add a collar to the neckline.  That's just my usual upper back chills and that still is an issue.  

I have thought about knitting a turtleneck to match the bottom on this sweater in the green I have reserved for this.  What I am not sure of is just how high the neckline of the probable raglan yoke will be.  V neck or henley type opening?  Or perhaps, considering what the turtleneck adds to it all a simple boatneck and a simultaneous knit sleeve? If I had another skein of Mid Knit Cravings Kelp Forest , I would do a wide open neck as the original design has.  I only have one skein of Kelp Forest and I would like to do sleeve cuffs and hem in the plain colour.  I think I am already over the limit with my collar plan.

I want to sort this out today while I watch the first day of the F1 Canadian Grand Prix.  I have the F1 blanket to knit for the time when the cars are on track and have the complex problem of picking a starting point for the sweater for the rest of the day.  

Or should that be Starting Point?  No.  No.  That is not today's project and we are not going to talk about it.  Not at all.

No comments: