Monday 20 June 2022

Step by Step

It was a lovely weekend in so many ways and a sort of miserable one in others.   My knitting was king.   This is where the F1 blanket was at the start of the weekend


and this is where it is after the Canadian Grand Prix which was this past weekend.  It was a fantastic race and I swear I knit my heart out on the blankie but


It kind of looks the same.  I know that I put on at least 7 or 8 rows Which is pretty good.  F1 takes a break in August but I think for me that is going to mean that it has to be knit on heavily in their break period if I want to meet my goal, which is to have it complete by the end of the season.

Can I tell you a bit of a secret though?  I still love knitting this stupid pattern.  It's just like that year when Kay from Modern Daily Knitting went nuts over the honeycomb stitch Plus, I would love to see




 what this looks like in deep forest green or in the darkest claret.  I would love to play with a bright yellow too, a really strong fierce eye popping yellow, but I think that would mean changing out the red rows for another colour.  But yeah.  There will probably be another of these blankets in my life in the not too far off future.  You would think seven would be enough, but no, not at all.

Keeping with the theme of exciting knits, I present this.


This is Luda's Elton all joined together at the armscye.  Whoooooooohoooo.


Even if it is just by one row.

The rows will be longer now, but this means the whole sweater is about a third done, a bit more in the case of the Eltons.  Elton has a dropped shoulder so you are knitting much more of the garment that an average yoke.  You are also knitting the top third of the sleeves.

I think I have the yoke part of my Sundog variation thought out.  I don't want to start it just yet.  I really want to go froward on the Eltons first before I fly off the handle and wander in the land of my favourite Midknit Cravings Pesto.  

No comments: