Monday 16 May 2022

Sleeves

All that knitting gave me time to think...that I really want to finish this sweater.

I am making good speed on it though not spectacular speed.  Protosleeve.


It's about seven inches long and I am pretty much knitting till I have all the decreases done so it fits my arm.  It's not a technical process or even remotely mathy like many knitters do.  The really good knitters do the math and work it out, but I find I just keep knitting till the sleeve fits somewhere down my arm.  Since I am most often hoping for a 3/4 sleeve,  I have some leeway.  I do hope to be close to completion of sleeve one by the end of the day.  Or at the very least, close to the ribbing.

This morning is sewing though.  I cut a lovely piece of linen for pants and two different shirts late last week, and I mean to do a significant amount of sewing today.  Pants and one shirt is what I am hoping for.

I could keep chatting along but rather than chatting, its time to prop my tablet and turn on the audiobook (Busman's Holiday by Dorothy Sayers) and get right to work.


In spain

No comments: