Friday 20 May 2022

Put Away

This morning when I woke at 6, there was light in the hall.  I thought Keith was up and was getting ready for the first of the F1 Grand Prix broadcasts.  But no.  It was just the early morning sunlight reflecting down the hall.  It is a bright sunny morning and I am kind of looking forward to spending time in the kitchen to do some weekend baking.  It's always nice to start a race weekend with Saturday morning pastry. This weekend, spinach and cheese and a cherry cheese pastry.  There even may be sausage rolls.  No not from my own pastry dough, but Keith, in desperation, bought some phyllo pastry so I guess I have to do something with it.  

In some pretty splendid knitting news, the blue sweater is complete...almost.


It has all the requisite parts:  bottom ribbing, two sleeves, complete torso.  What it is missing is the neck finishing.  There is a welt at the neckline that matches the finish at the bottom of the elaborate looking yoke.  I have a problem.  I put the yarn away.

Putting the yarn away might not be a scary thing for some of you but not me.  It's a bit scary because it is entirely possible that the single skein I need is now residing in the bottom of the most hard to get to bottom container of yarn.  The last time I dug in the stash I did some reordering and putting and I have no idea where it went to.  

I looked in one container that used to house yarns to put away.  I looked in the cabinet of pretty yarns and yarns to knit next.  No go, but I will look again in case I missed them in yesterdays late in the day panic as I realized I had put them away.  I going to look in the box with leftover yarns too.  I may have thought that these yarns would make great mittens or a cowl which indeed they would.  I am alos going to look in the places beside the loom where things may have fallen off the loom stand side tables, where I can see me setting the skeins of yarn for later.  

And then, after checking the bookcases in one final mad realization that no, I put the yarn away, then, and only then, will I go digging in the stash.  

Updated:

I found it!  All I can say is thank heavens I am a terrible putter away-er of things.  In the bag of mitten and hat yarns on the tables at the side of loom stand under the blanket which needs washing and airing before it goes away for season.

No comments: