Wednesday 25 May 2022

Good Luck

Sewing was great yesterday.  I only have hems to do and I am uncertain if I will do them as the pattern suggests, a deep hem with mitred corners, or if I will just do a quick and dirty usual, a narrow hem machine sewn.  I think it will be the latter.  Still you never know.  I may yet get a hankering for hand work.

Today I am cutting out a different shirt pattern, the Tarawi pattern from Muna and Broad.  This is a more classically constructed shirt pattern with set in sleeves and a two piece collar and two pockets on the shirt front. Because of the set in sleeve, it is a whole new learning curve in sizing.  There will be measuring.  There will be adaptation.  There will also be no pockets on the fronts because that isn't something I need and I would rather save the time for something much more fun.

I have a test fabric picked out, a nice yellow linen cotton that is close to my favourite bright yellow colour but not quite.  If it fails it is okay.  I will still get my right yellow some time soon and if it works out well, It's a nice enough colour that I would wear it.  Plus it does coordinate with some other fabric I have in the stash, a home decor fabric but why not?  

Plus today, I will also cut out some bike shorts.  I had mangled a thing from my close fitting pencil pants pattern, but I really hesitated about sewing them.  I need the product but I really don't want rolling up or bunching in places where I bunch.  You know how it is when you avoid something long enough.  Muna and Broad put out the Dulcie Boxer Brief pattern.  How is it they know that I needed saving?  

The best part?  I have fabric on hand that will work wonderfully well for them and elastic too.  So, while I am putting in my paces and muslin test of the Tarawi pattern, I am also going to do one for the boxer briefs.  It's a big day.

Add that to the errands I need to do today and it's going to be busy as all get out.  Wish me well, wish me luck.     

No comments: