Friday 6 May 2022

Back to the Machine

I gave myself an whole day off of sewing yesterday.  It was really quite grand.  Do you have any idea how much knitting happens when you are knitting all day instead of doing other things?  It's amazing.

I spent the day working on my Agate Cove Pullover.  I know it is winter and common sense says I ought to be knitting on my summer tops, but this is what my hands kept going to in the scattered hours I have been knitting between my sewing so this is what I kept working on for my day off. 
 





I am now at 13 inches so not too far and the body will be done.  I have just started working from the fourth ball of yarn.  The last two, or almost the last two are in reserve for sleeves.  

I had debated doing the pattern again around the hem.  It's just such a nice thing to knit but I think it would take away focus from the punch of just having it at the neckline.  Too much of a good thing can really water down the impact.  If I do full sleeves, I will add it for a cuff, but I am leaning strongly towards three quarter sleeves.  They are just so much more practical around the house.

It is back to sewing though for today.  My mail did bring the interfacing package so back to sewing with a vengeance.  In a perfect world, I will complete at least one top, shirt or something today.  As I get settled into the sewing again, each garment should get faster to finish, right? It does seem to, though it is a slow, slow process for me.  

I am getting so close to having enough clothing again, that I am no longer feeling the hyper focus of my pre dress state.  Having the dresses made such a huge difference to how long my wardrobe works till I need to do laundry. With having a variety of things to wear, comes the luxury of thinking about how I will wear something, and time to really ask myself the question how much do I need.  Too much clothing would be as bad as too little. 

For now, there are a few more blouses and tops that are still needed, and two whole classes of garments that I have talked about, thought about, purchased supplies for, and still need to sew, undergarments and biker shorts to wear under the dresses.  I'd like to get those done in the not too far off future.  But first shirts and tops.  And maybe a skirt or two. 
     
  

No comments: