Friday 1 April 2022

It started out that I was taking Luda shopping, but it ended up that we shopped.  And we shopped in the most fun kind of way.  Gosh I had fun.  I am not generally into shopping as entertainment but if I could have a hundred days like that to shop, my opinion of shopping would be different.  Perhaps it comes from raising boys.  I never had the chance to shop much with women.  It was a wonderful day and we just had fun.  Silly grandma fun.

I did actually have a rare find that really made my day.  I have been in need of summer camisoles or undershirt type garments.  Some of the things I am sewing and knitting should probably be worn with one.  Plus, if I have a camisole, I have the option of wearing a shirt open or buttoned, doubling the versatility of my clothes.  I was just starting to look at fabrics for camisoles and found a nice ribbed fabric to be fairly pricey.  Purchasing from my usual purchasing store wasn't a good option for price either, plus their stick usually had spaghetti straps and I wanted wide shoulders.  I found seven tank tops, just simple basic ones, in the exact fabric I wanted in grey, white and black.  They fit as I wanted them to fit and are long enough that they will stay tucked into pants.  Plus the price was wonderful.  

I will end up paying for the shopping a bit today.  My feet are more puffy than they ought to be.  No way to drink enough water during a trip like that, but it will be okay.  A day or two and it all should be good again.

Today, I have to pay attention to my sewing.  I have a half a flag to finish and a really quick pair of pants waiting, as well as fabric waiting to be cut out for bike shorts for with my dresses.   I also want to pull out some of the shirt fabrics I have waiting for me.  

It's just like with the yarn. If I have some out and waiting, it fills me with inspiration.  Two things could happen.  First up and with a little bit of adulting on my part, I could actually sew the shirts and tops I need.  Second, I might end up buying for fabric.  Just like yarn, merely looking at the stuff makes me drool over more stuff till I want to buy.  


Somewhere in the containers of fabric lurks some more of the Madras cotton that I made my first dress from.  It is so light and perfectly summer.  The colours are sadly, not quite as perfect as that first piece, but the fabric sure is.  There is also a wild blue black and orange plaid rayon fabric that has unstructured shirt written all over it.   

I could go on, but just like the big dig in the yarn closet, digging in the fabric is special all by itself and I am ready to go play. 


No comments: