Tuesday 15 March 2022

The Knitting? Yes.

As I said, the knitting.  I haven't been doing g as much particularly with the stress of the last few weeks, but there has always been some knitting.  What has been done is low thinking knitting.  I couldn't even do the Gridiron socks without issues from low brain power.  What I could do was this.   


I have really enjoyed working on this cowl calming restful rounds.  It isn't quite perfectly on pattern.  I am making the stripes be three rows instead of two.  There won't be as many stripes either.  From all the pictures of this project, the design is already pretty long.  I don't want longer by a couple inches because of too many rows here and there. 
I want soft rolls of cozy to block the chill at my neck.  Too long would just be in the way.  

But yesterday, with my little world settling down and my sewing finding its feet admit the rest of things, I took a whole day to just knit.  Sometimes I feel pushed and rushed but I am not and yesterday, I set in my mind that I can just knit a whole day rather than sewing even when I didn't want to.  And so I knit.

 

I am just really starting to show how this pattern works.  The little pop of blue forms a hole in tiny lake of white.  More and more the colour is showing up. It is not a strong contrast.  It is a very soft blue but it pleases me to no end.  It isn't  a huge piece of knitting but it was a great way to slowly get back into hand work that demands more than just going around and around.  

No comments: