Tuesday 8 March 2022

Ironing and Cutting

Olga' mom has arrived and I am just thrilled.  

Otherwise I am still sewing.  I am cutting out all the dresses.  They are going to be pretty similar and the sleeves and other facing will be nice and easy to do in a bunch in one sitting.  

Before cutting  I had needed to do one final step of prepping.  I had to iron everything.



The nice folded bunch was done during the first of the days draws of the brier. I set the board in the living room and just ironed away.  It was great.  

Still one to go though.  And it really needs to be ironed.  It is hard to cut this fine woven cotton well without it being pressed.  The only upside is that this is the last time it will be ironed.  Well beyond the ironing required for sewing that is.   




I debated when I started this venture about ironing.  I am not a huge fan of ironing. I never ironed my linen.  I can't abide the fresh crisp look in my clothes.  I am not in the office anymore and so I want natural fabrics to be natural.  


The pants I have sewn are not wholly natural, but there I needed something different and sturdy like iron.  But all my shirts and tops and dresses are going to be as natural a fibre or blend as can be.  Unless I fall in love with a print of course.  

It's not like that never happened before.  

No comments: