Thursday 3 February 2022

Gumption

I said sewing, right?  Well that isn't where I ended up.  I spent the morning dreaming of my next to knit, totally ignoring the fact that there are six sweaters in my WIPs and I do mean to knit them all.  Still dreaming is fun and I did it while doing a few other chores around the house.

Basically, I was avoiding.  The very first thing I need to sew is to fix my mattress cover.  I spent good money on it for being dust and waterproof and it said it would fit any mattresses.  It isn't waterproof and is wider and slightly longer than my mattress needs.  I cannot tell if it is dustproof.  I have all the equipment and supplies I need to make it do the things I need it do, but first I need to wrestle it off my bed and give it a good wash and that is the part that I am avoiding.  

Today, but dad gummit. I mean to get it done.

Just before knitting group started yesterday, I pulled out all my sock projects.  The bags will be here shortly and it won't take any time at all for them to be serviceable.  These are extra large drawstring bags and I want to use them for storage for all my shawls and cowls as well as things knit with lighter weight yarns.  I kept out one sock to knit on, one using Nancy Bush's pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks, the Gentlemen's Shooting Stockings.


It's like knitting stripes in self striping yarns.  It's wonderful.

Then I picked up my little Cowl in the lovely Shilasdair yarn from a friend, which I am knitting using Joji Locatelli's Three Color Cashmere Cowl design.  The plain rounds are perfect for knitting between the wee holes and the wee holes are easy enough to work while chatting.


And now, before my gumption hightails it off to knitting, I must go and do my principle task for the day. If I let my gumption go to knitting, nothing else will be done at all.

No comments: